Saturday, July 24, 2010

In the last place you look

OK, first of all, sorry for the lack of posts. I've been a little over-worked lately and I just couldn't find the time to write about toys, and I love to do that.

Second, I'll explain the title: You know I love Mattel's Action League line... And of the released figures I only needed a Two-pack to complete the set (more about this later), that set was Guy Gardner Green Lantern and Dr. Polaris.

But even in the US they are kinda hard to find, so I asked every friend I have in the Toy World to help me find them. I'm not kidding, I had an army of people looking for these. I had some South American toy snipers, they are great at finding rare stuff that pops out in their countries. I had several American toy troopers, they are in the middle of the mess looking for stuff where the shit hits the fan (usually Walmart). And I even ask some Australian toy commandos to keep an eye out in the other side of the world... And nothing.



"So, how did you get them?" you may ask.

As always this were in the last place you look. At a comic store in Buenos Aires, famous for having almost no toys whatsoever because "they only work with comics" (I know, stupid, right?), and I almost never go there, but this time I walked in with a friend, because he wanted to sell some old comics...

And there they were.



The sculpt is amazing, as always, but you have to like this line and this style to appreciate it. They are little, and silly, and fun. I was afraid this line was going to die, since the releases were kinda slow, but now thanks to Comic Con I know that the line is not only not dead, but is expanding to all the DC Universe.



This is the new official poster with some new releases I highlighted (I also totally stole this from TNI). There's also lots of characters not included in this poster.

Awesome!

Now I just need the new Deluxe Chemo & Batman set that's showing up in toy stores. This time I'll make sure to check everywhere, even those places that usually don't have Brave and the Bold toys...

Until next time.

(Next stop, the liquor store and a sex shop! Hey, I said "look everywhere", right?)

2 comments:

fishmilkshake said...

Nifty! Wonder what his doctorate is in?

chrismandesign said...

man u will hav a great collection with these crazy dudes... i like’em in many ways... & surely u use all ur resources to find & get what u want (even the evil ways r included LOL)