Saturday, December 4, 2010

Garbage covered awesomeness

When my good friend (and super awesome artist Charles aka Monsterforge) had to send me some King Kens for a custom. He also told me "I made something for you", when I read that, I'm not proud to admit it, I jumped up and down clapping like a little girl. And although I know his customizing skills are incredible, I'm also a child-like idiot that would shriek everytime someone gives him a toy.

But I wasn't prepared for this:



That, my friends, is Muck Man from the vintage TMNT Playmates line, and he never looked better.



You see, the old turtles line had some amazing sculptors and the detail this figures have is amazing, but the paint apps weren't really all that. Usually, the sculpted details were painted the same color as the rest of the figure, because it was cheaper that way.



But Charles was able to bring all those details to life, and man, Muck Man is (literally) covered in them.



Also, Charles struck a nerve with this one, because he knows I'm a sucker for Ninja Turtles Toys! So, this figure is going to my Awesome Toys Display (yes, I have one of those).



And Charles, I can't thank you enough for this. You are an awesome guy and a great artist... But now I hate you a little bit, 'cause I really want to comission all the TMNT vintage figures in this style, and even if you are up for it (there's only like 130 of them), I can't pay the estimated 750.000 billion dollars it would cost (the money was calculated according to the awesomeness of the final product), you bastard!

And because I'm pretty angry right now, I'm going to post this picture of you!



Ha! Revenge is a bitch, no?

(I love you, man!)

2 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Ahhh- he did a GREAT job!
... a toy eater, is he? Huh...

fishmilkshake said...

Great looking figure! More! MORE!